What is a Life-Cycle Celebrant?
A Life-Cycle Celebrant is a person extensively trained in public speaking, ceremony writing, and in the art of creating personalized ceremonies that truly represent the person, people, or event being honoured.
- Funeral/memorial ceremonies and celebrations of life that reflect the character and relationships of the person who has passed.
- Internment ceremonies offered at the graveside or with scattering of ashes.
- Ceremonies of closure, offering the dying person, their family, friends, and caregivers the opportunity to express what feels important at that time in a safe and loving way.
- Community ceremonies acknowledging a shared grief over common trauma experienced in the community.
- Healing ceremonies including divorce and separation, diagnosis of an illness, loss of job, moving residence, and transitioning from family home to a long term facility.
- Personal rites of passage for joyful celebrations such as graduations, births, welcoming a child into the family, moving, etc
How We Serve:
Thorough time is given to exploring the important aspects and wishes of the clients in the creation of the ceremony. A draft is given to the client in advance for any changes and edits, and we are committed to assuring that in its final form, the ceremony meets the essential needs of the client. Each family receives a keepsake gift copy of the ceremony to take home with them. We bring creativity and sensitivity to the planning of each unique ceremony to lend a depth and personal feel to each one.
Lori Goldblatt, Life-Cycle Celebrant and graduate of The Celebrant Foundation and Institute, Thana Doula, and Reiki Teacher, and Rebecca Daum, Thana Doula, PSW and Grief & Bereavement Support are dedicated to the creation and facilitation of personalized ceremonies that reflect loss, transitions, rites of passage and celebrations of life. The comprehensive and deeply compassionate support we offer companions people as they move through their end of life experience, as well as for their families, friends and caregivers. Integrating mindfulness-based tools, Rebecca and Lori are honoured to create a safe and loving space for people to be seen, heard, and empowered in whatever life transition they may be experiencing.