What is a Thana Doula?
A Thana Doula accompanies those approaching their end of life by creating space for the expression of the precious needs of all involved. With the support of a thana doula, there is the potential for profound meaning and transformation for both the dying and for those who support them.
Our Thana Doula Services:
- Palliative Care P.S.W. (Personal Support Worker)
- Grief and Bereavement Companion
- Reiki – gentle, hands-on energy technique to relax, reduce pain, and provide meaningful connection
- Mindfulness-based facilitation of E.F.T. (Emotional Freedom Technique)–tapping on acuppressure points to reduce pain and anxiety, as well as meditation and Transformative Mindfulness Methods, bringing simple visualizations that allow new perspectives to emerge
- Compassionate Communication (based on Non-Violent Communication) to bridge some of the challenging conversations within families and the care team
- Advocacy support, vigil planning, legacy work, end of life counseling for preperation of Advance Care Directives and DNR forms, Respite Care for family and caregivers
- Learning opportunities through workshops, courses, death cafes, information talks, movie events, and book clubs for individuals, hospice workers, long term care facilities and other end of life care workers
“Every man’s life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguishes one man from another.” ~Ernest Hemingway
Rebecca Daum: Thana Doula, P.S.W., Grief & Bereavement Support, Reiki practitioner, hospice-trained.
Lori Goldblatt: Thana Doula, Life-Cycle Celebrant, Reiki Teacher, EFT practitioner, Transformative Mindfulness and Compassionate Communications Facilitator.